Friday, August 21, 2009

A YEAR?!

My God, it's been a year?! since I've posted?

I'm sorry, this is supposed to be my diary/writing blog.

Lots have happened. We tossed Luis & Marilynne, they messed up the house to the tune of $3,300 (including lost rent). They stole stuff, damaged windows & trim, ruined carpeting. So now we're renting to Julie & Bill. They can help fix it up and they have a smaller place to rent with less money to pay. They wanted back in the neighborhood anyway.

Since they moved in, we're going to fight the stupid HUD/Civil Rights since we will never rent the house again to someone we don't personally know. I'd rather lose it to foreclosure.

What else.....

Hmmm Kelly thought she was pregnant earlier this month. Thank God she's not. I'm not ready for that yet. Andrew starts college on Tuesday. Keith got divorced and is now living with a really cute Brazilian girl he met, who's 15 yrs younger. Personally I think not only did he get tired of Karen's drinking, but he wants kids and it seems there's been a problem there. I don't see Karen much (I hate bars), but Ron sees her a couple times a month. Ed just got back from a state-of-the-art high-end cruise to Alaska for 3 weeks. Cost him $8,000. Ron's jealous, he thinks we deserve some of that money since we took care of Grandma while he was in the hospital for 6 months. Oh, Ryan moved to Chicago and then back to Ohio.

I have a great new job! I'm the Executive Assistant for the VP of Consumer & Computer Business Unit at ST Microelectronics, a worldwide company with headquarters in France. So far it's temp-to-hire, but it's my understanding that they hire all their assistants like that. It can take anywhere from 6 mos to 2 yrs for them to hire you permanently. I'm hoping this works out, because it's my dream job. Tony's great, there's travel, setting up events, and lots of Excel work.

More later about the fun tests I'm going through!

No comments: