Thursday, September 03, 2009

Stroke & MS & Heart Problems?!

After having worsening symptoms for several days, I finally called the doctor and he recommended I go to the emergency room. On Thur 8/27 I had one of those burning headaches, but this lasted all day and a couple of people at work thought my face looked crooked or lopsided, and I felt that the right side wasn't responding correctly.

On Fri 8/28, when speaking with the IT guys I couldn't say my phone number. An hour later I called back and had no problem saying it.

I've also had issues where it feels like I'm falling face forward - not spinning or dizzy - just a falling sensation.

Anyway, the neurologist scheduled a bunch of tests and the MRI showed no increase in white lesions, but the MRA did show a possibility of a minor stroke, which would fit in with my symptoms.

The radiologist says I have only a 45% working left ventricle something or other. That's quite a low percentage for my age. It should be more than 55%. So they want to send me to a cardiologist to keep an eye on it and a mild mitro valve something or other (left side as well).

Good news for the MS; there's really nothing they can do for the stroke, and not so good news on the heart issue.

No comments: